Monday, January 21, 2013

More Assemblages[ small wall pieces]



I can't help myself. I keep making assemblages, although I'm in a horse drawing phase and feel a painting one coming on.
 The pieces, above, are about 6" x 8" and 4" x 8", made from pieces of my horse prints, scraps of wood from an old table, Altoid boxes, random washers, leftover bits of wire and more.

Our everyday lives are filled with small parts, pieces and fasteners that hold together every vehicle, appliance and more. These small, utilitarian and seemingly insignificant objects are important links for functionality in modern life, but are often unnoticed, until they wear out or malfunction.These ideas dance around me, as I play with combining and altering the discarded stuff that I collect in my studio. Beyond being physical objects, they can represent greater connectivity. How does the micro relate to the macro? Which attachments are noticed? Which are unseen?


The piece of the left is called "Talking Stick #1", which was started from a table leg. The one on the right is life sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment